Football’s governing council has discussed the potential of adopting kick-ins.
On Monday, the International Football Association Board (Ifab) met in Doha for its annual general meeting.
While there were discussions about kick-ins, there were no preparations to test them yet, according to the body.
Last year, Fifa’s director of global development, former Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, included the notion among many fresh recommendations.
Fifa president Gianni Infantino said, “Proposals to test kick-ins have is made.”
While we may be skeptical of some of these initiatives, we will not know whether they are beneficial to the game until we investigate them.
Therefore we will investigate these recommendations as well.
The Football Association removed the kick-in option in 1863, hence throw-ins have been utilized in football since the 1860s.
Wenger previously said that throw-ins and free kicks were the “two worst time-wasters at the moment.”
He said, ” “The goal is to make the game more spectacular and faster.
Maybe throw-ins might be used to play with your feet with a time restriction of five seconds.
“However, it must be tested before being approved by the Ifab.”
In the meanwhile, semi-automated video assistance referee (VAR) technology may be available in time for the World Cup in Qatar.
“I’m convinced it can get through,” said Pierluigi Collina, head of Fifa’s referees’ committee.
The technique, which use computerized ball identification to indicate offsides in seconds. Will continue to be tested.
The game now allows five substitutes.
Despite appeals from campaigners for temporary concussion replacements.
Ifab for introducing blows
The trial for more permanent concussion substitutes lasts until August 2023.
Despite the Professional Footballers’ Association’s request for temporary substitutes to be included in the testing.
Ifab originally authorized a trial that only allowed for permanent concussion substitutions in December 2020.
If a player sustains a head injury, the regulation allows for a permanent substitution.
Regardless of how many replacements a team has previously employed.
Ifab noted that temporary substitutes were discussed, even though: “Members decided that the trials should continue to concentrate on permanently removing any player who has had a concussion or is suspected of having suffered one.
“Further education is needed to ensure proper trial processes.”
Before Ifab’s decision, advocate Dawn Astle, the daughter of former England and West Brom striker Jeff Astle.
Who died in 2002 from a brain illness connected to heading footballs.
Argued the present restrictions “place players in danger.”
In adult grassroots football, referees using body cameras might boost safety.
For more information from SPORT click here!
Follow us on our social networks!